Thursday, August 4, 2011

a grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "hey! there's a drink named after you!" and the grasshopper says, "you have a drink named Steve?"

today I have next to nothing to say.  I usually have a game plan when I sit down to write something. But today I'm wingin it. I'm pretty sure next to no one reads this. Except for you, Kimmie ;) But I don't really care if anyone reads the things I write, because I mostly just write them for myself anyways. And the only thing I can think to write today is a long list of all the little things I love.  Well, as many as I can think of anyways. I will leave out the obvious ones, and just go straight to the little ones that offer me daily moments of joy.  Everyone loves a good long list, right?

I love...
  1. snacking
  2. getting home from work/class/errands and taking off every uncomfortable article of clothing or jewelry and replacing them with only soft, cushy, comfy ones
  3. putting all my hair in a messy bun. top it off with a head band and you've got yourself one happy camper.
  4. playing volleyball. there is no other release that has compared.
  5. getting a compliment out of the blue
  6. giving a compliment out of the blue
  7. having a feeling of accomplishment
  8. clean warm laundry
  9. Grey's Anatomy. best tv show ever made. shows that compare: Modern Family, Happy Endings. Could I watch them all day? Does a bear poop in the woods?
  10. sleep. the kind you wake up happy from. yes.
  11. spooning. perferrably little spoon.
  12. laughing so hard that i cry
  13. thinking about all the beauty and blessings that are in my life
  14. slightly foggy mornings. they remind me of Pride & Prej
  15. pretending i have an English accent
  16. the smell of my house
  17. chapstick
  18. looking forward to things
  19. the smell of Barnes & Noble
  20. reading trashy celebrity magazines. i love it. can't get enough of those people.
  21. correction: looking at the pictures in trashy celebrity magazines.  let's be honest, are any of those articles worth readin? mm no.
  22. holding hands
  23. being completely drenched in sweat. accomplishment.
  24. volleyball tournaments that exhaust me to the point that i am completely content staring at the wall for the rest of the evening. if you know me at all, you know that staring at the wall is less than appealing to me.
  25. going to movies
  26. getting really excited about something
  27. giving gifts
  28. getting gifts
  29. the sky. how amazing is the sky? it has so many personalities.
  30. popping a good zit
  31. not having any zits to pop
  32. taking a really long hot shower for no reason at all
  33. the smell of shampoo. Pantene Pro-V to be exact. They know what they're doing over there.
  34. hazelnut lattes
  35. walking around the mall
  36. buying a new summer dress
  37. fire places. love everything about them. the sound, the look, the heat, the smell, the taste...wait....
  38. good hair days
  39. fruit
  40. steamed vegetables. delicious.
  41. SKITTLES
  42. movies
  43. having an epic play during a volleyball game and is all anyone can do is completely freak out and scream until close to passing out
  44. deep conversations
  45. knowing people love me
  46. when i speed and don't get caught. well...when i do anything wrong and don't get caught
  47. the feeling of freedom from something. whether that something is my job or my bra
  48. puppies
  49. hearing a baby laugh
  50. George W. Bush. woahhh whaat?! who let politics into this blog!? get outta here. i have more important things to blog about. jish.
  51. not stopping this list at 50 like i was planning to because i can just keep going and going
  52. breakfast foods
well i think that about does it. so long for now.
ahhhhhh....all in a days work.

1 comment:

  1. Jim. Why didn't you tell me this little gem was out here? Almost a month has passed and I only just discovered it. Tragedy.
    Ok listen, you didn't make this easy with 52 things, but I'll try to make my comments brief and amazing.
    #19 YES. nuff said...I know, right?
    #25 Ironically I just passed the movie theater tonight and had an intense urge to drop everything and go see a movie! Not kidding Jim.
    #30 For whatever reason I thought it said "pooping a zit" and was briefly confused until I realized it was 2 p's, not 2 o's.
    #41 Skittles are one of my faves. The rainbow is tasty...the commercials don't lie.
    #48 Puppies...
    #50 um
    #52 Can I just have breakfast all day? What I mean by this is ... why is breakfast, lunch and dinner necessary? Can't it be breakfast, breakfast and breakfast?

    ReplyDelete